Thursday, January 2, 2014

An update on the building of my art studio, with progress photos ~and~ my latest painting!

Here is my latest painting of a coreopsis flower and a maple leaf~




Pastel on board, 6x6 inches
Available through Etsy






Also - we have made some good progress on my art studio, and I though it was time to post a few photos!



Just getting started...




Getting ready for the floor...



Sub-floor and heating vents are in...



The first wall goes up...



The view out of one of the windows...  not bad!  :)



Wall number two...



Wall number three is up and number four is on it's way...



Those huge windows (7x7 feet!)  in the front and back were free!  We got them as salvage from my husband's work - they were remodeling and were going to throw them out!  We have been storing them for over a year - and I am happy to see them in place.  They will be wonderful!




Then the rafters for the roof...



After receiving my commission from JoAnn Ross for a book cover, we decided to add a little loft in the back of the studio.  It will be just big enough for a small mattress - perfect for reading art books - or a quick nap!  We have named it "JoAnn's addition".    :)
In the photo above, my husband is standing on the floor of the loft while he works on the roof.



The inside of the studio with my lovely, foggy view!



You can see the floor of the loft and the hole on the right side to climb up into it in this photo.  I am so very excited for it to be done!  My husband has been so wonderful fitting in working on it whenever he has a little time.  I know he will be happy to finish the roof and get out of the rain to start working inside!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment