Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Pastel Painting of a Plumeria

Today I am posting a painting that was inspired by the beautiful plumeria photos of my friend +Vanida Boonphitak. Vanida lives in Thailand, and she takes wonderful photos of the scenery, flowers, and buildings there.




Plumeria, 8x10 inches, pastel on board
Available through Etsy



Here are a few progress photos....




In my enthusiasm to get started, I made a silly mistake here and put those bright colors in the lower right hand corner...  since I am right handed, I had to cover the lower right hand side with wax paper while I did the rest of the painting.  :)




At this point, I noticed that my colors were getting a bit dull, and I had to brighten them up again!




I had a lot of fun with this background!





Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment